Thursday, September 11, 2008

The Heavens Declare

Today on my way home from work (a long 2+ hour drive) I saw a most amazing work of art.
The Master artist created a beautiful sky. I didn't get a picture but let me try and describe...

It was clear blue with clouds on the horizon and bright sunshine lighting everything up. directly in front of me the moon had risen early and was sitting just above the clouds, almost as if they were a throne. In front of the moon and clouds just barely visible was a perfect rainbow, it was almost like an illusion, like it wasn't entirely there. as soon as I saw this I was just amazed that God would create such beauty in an everyday thing. That He cares enough about His creation to take joy in making it more beautiful is a proof that He is a creative and loving God.

"The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands."
Psalms 19:1 (NIV)

No comments: